Fact SheetHilton History
Read the news
By Property TypeBy Topic
Get the facts
Hilton HuanyingHilton Blue Papers and Research
- Photos & videos
Let us help you
Media Accommodation Request FormContact Us
Jacqueline ToppingsCONTACTMedia Inquiries ADDRESS7930 Jones Branch Drive
Brand Public Relations,
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
McLean, Virginia 22102
Executive Chef Todd Kelly Of HIlton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza To Be Featured Chef At The Culinary Vegetable Institute’s January Earth To Table Dinner
January 10, 2014
CINCINNATI - Executive Chef Todd Kelly at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza will be the featured chef at the Culinary Vegetable Institute's Earth to Table Dinner on January 25, 2014.
"We have a strong relationship with The Chef's Garden as a supplier of extraordinary heirloom produce and herbs," noted Chef Kelly. "We also admire the work that they are doing to promote farming in general and draw a strong and positive connection to this work for young people."
The Culinary Vegetable Institute (CVI), located in Milan, Ohio, was created in 1992 by The Chef's Garden farm as a culinary retreat, research and team building facility for chefs. At CVI, chefs have the ability to meet with farmers outside the restaurant setting to build closer relationships and provide inspiration. The Chef's Garden has an established reputation for its commitment to sustainable agriculture and unparalleled relationships between farmer and chef. The Chef's Garden, located in Huron, Ohio and led by Bob Jones, Sr., has been innovative in how vegetables are grown, harvested and delivered to the kitchen doors of top chefs.
The Earth to Table Dinner will feature fresh seasonal vegetables grown on the nearby Chef's Garden farm prepared in the unique culinary style of Executive Chef Todd Kelly and served in a family-style ambiance.
The dinner menu is as follows:
- Passed Appetizers: Sunchoke Velouté with Scallop Flan, Japanese Yams with Chicken Liver Mousse, and Fingerling Potato Chips with Beef Tartare
- First Course - Carrot Salad With Baby Fennel, Candied Ginger Puree, Ricotta Cheese and Fennel Pollen Gastrique
- Second Course - Baby Cauliflower with Smoked Nantucket Bay Scallops, Farro Piccolo, Satsuma Oranges and Micro Cilantro
- Third Course - Dry Aged Duck Breast with Root Vegetable "Matignon," Covington Sweet Potatoes, Watercress and Spiced Churro
- Fourth Course - Braised Oxtails, Root Spinach, Brussels Leaves, Sunchokes and Crones
- Fifth Course - Dark Chocolate Crémeux with Creamsicle Sweet Potatoes, Honey Sorghum Cake, Butternut Squash Ice Cream, Pineapple Blossoms and Kumquats
The cost for the dinner is $85 per person plus tax and gratuity. Reservations are required. Tickets may be purchased by calling +1 419-499-7500.
About The Culinary Vegetable Institute and The Chef's Garden
The Jones family has operated a small family farm in Huron, Ohio for over 20 years. They were born and bred with a love for farming. Hard times and fortunate "accidents" have defined and shaped their purpose and mission: "to grow vegetables slowly and gently in full accord with nature.®" The Chef's Garden has dedicated itself to working in concert with outstanding chefs all over America.
In 1992, Mr. Bob Jones envisioned taking this collaboration to the next level. He proposed founding an institute surrounded by a working farm where the chef and farmer could come together outside the restaurant setting. This environment would enable the chef to retreat from his or her restaurant routine into a rustic setting, which would foster a closer relationship with the farmer and provide inspiration.
The Jones family purchased the land for this visionary project in 1998. In 2001, the family established an advisory board for the CVI. Lee Jones, chairman of the board, utilizes these chef advisors for all integral decisions affecting the CVI facility, education and marketing. From kitchen design to the wine cellar, from the library to future teaching materials, the Culinary Advisory Board has crafted the CVI to cater to the educational and creative needs of all innovative and rising chefs across America.
About Orchids at Palm Court and Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
Orchids at Palm Court is one of The Restaurants at Palm Court, which also includes The Bar at Palm Court and The Grille at Palm Court. The restaurant features rare Brazilian rosewood walls with German silver-nickel metalwork and lighting fixtures. The two-story ceiling features large Romanesque murals and on the north end of the restaurant is an original Rookwood Pottery fountain flanked by two large Rookwood seahorses, all of which illustrates some of the finest French Art Deco in the world.
Orchids at Palm Court has been recognized as one of the best restaurants in the U.S. Accolades and awards include:
- #7 Rated Restaurant in the U.S.A. for 2014 - Open Table
- Forbes Travel Guide (formerly Mobil) Four Star Rating - the only one in Cincinnati and one of only two in Ohio.
- American Automobile Association's (AAA) coveted four-diamond award
- Hilton Hotels & Resort's #1 Food & Beverage Hotel in the U.S. for the fourth consecutive year
- Cincinnati Magazine's Best Restaurant in Cincinnati for five consecutive years
- Zagat Survey's choice for Cincinnati's "Top Overall Restaurant" for 2013, 2012 & 2011
- Chef Kelly was named the American Culinary Federation's 2011-2012 Chef of the Year, the highest honor given in the 50,000+ chef national organization
- Chef Kelly is a Hilton Hotel & Resort's Signature Chef, just one of six in the U.S.
- American Culinary Federation's Award of Excellence - 2013 & 2007
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, located in the heart of Cincinnati, is one of the world's finest examples of French Art Deco architecture. The hotel is a charter member of Historic Hotels of America, is a registered National Landmark and is on the National Register of Historic Places. The hotel features 561 updated guestrooms, over 40,000 square feet of meeting space-from boardrooms to ballrooms, including the Hall of Mirrors, one of the Midwest's most breathtaking ballrooms.
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza and Orchids at Palm Court are located at 35 West Fifth Street, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45202. For more information or reservations, call the hotel directly at 513-421-9100 or visit our website at www.cincinnatinetherlandplaza.hilton.com or www.orchidsatpalmcourt.com.
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
+1 513 352 1372
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
For nearly a century, Hilton Hotels & Resorts has been proudly welcoming the world's travelers. With more than 570 hotels across six continents, Hilton Hotels & Resorts provides the foundation for memorable travel experiences and values every guest who walks through its doors. As the flagship brand of Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts continues to set the standard for hospitality, providing new product innovations and services to meet guests' evolving needs. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is a part of the award-winning Hilton Honors program. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard Wi-Fi and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Begin your journey at www.hilton.com and learn more about the brand by visiting news.hilton.com or following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.