Fact SheetHilton History
Read the news
By Property TypeBy Topic
Get the facts
Hilton HuanyingHilton Blue Papers and Research
- Photos & videos
Let us help you
Media Accommodation Request FormContact Us
Jacqueline ToppingsCONTACTMedia Inquiries ADDRESS7930 Jones Branch Drive
Brand Public Relations,
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
McLean, Virginia 22102
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort Unveils New And Reimagined Food And Beverage Concepts
New Culinary Scene Inspires Fresh Menus with Mexican Influence
October 06, 2015
LOS CABOS, Mexico - Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort updates its food and beverage selections with four new dining and bar concepts, and significant improvements to the resort's previously existing restaurants, El Meson and Madero. The new portfolio of culinary offerings is part of a multi-million dollar renovation and follows the resort's recent reopening in July 2015. Under the direction of Executive Chef Mauricio Lopez, the local influence of Los Cabos' fresh flavors is showcased in the warm and engaging environments.
"At Hilton Los Cabos, we continue to find ways for our guests to experience the destination through distinct tastes and flavors," said Executive Chef Mauricio Lopez. "When we created the menus for our new culinary concepts, it was important to keep Mexican influence at the heart of our inspiration, yet be innovative in creating new and exciting ways to tempt our guests' tastebuds."
The following four venues are new additions to the resort:
- Azul: Home of Los Cabos' largest tequila collection, the completely redesigned new lobby venue was re-conceptualized as a subzero tequila and mezcal bar welcoming guests to experience stylish cocktails in a comfortable setting. The bar features a tailored cocktail menu with signature drinks such as the Rosemary Paloma, the Chihuahua Sour and Tepache Collins. In addition to exclusive cocktails, light bites such as tempura tacos, slow roasted pork sopes and "chapulines" (local grasshoppers) are also available. With 160 seats and breathtaking ocean views, the space is an ideal setting for pre and post dinner drinks. Open from 10 a.m to 1 a.m., Azul serves "botanas" (Mexican Tapas) all day and night.
- Vela: Vela's refined regional Italian cuisine comingles with fresh Mexican ingredients. Local culture and history have inspired and influenced dishes at this new upscale 114-seat dining venue. Notable menu items include homemade Oaxacan mole linguini and chile de arbol corn risotto. Open from 6 to 10:30 p.m., Vela serves dinner al fresco alongside the resort's infinity pool, as well as indoors.
- Mio: Mio serves as the hotel's new fresh snack bar celebrating healthy pool bites. Visitors will enjoy light bites such as yellow fin tuna lettuce wraps and rice noodle rolls. Fresh juices and guilt-free libations like the "Santa Rita," an organic, sugar free margarita, are also available. The playful 1735-square foot space holds up to 50 people in a collection of vibrantly, colored hanging swings, evoking a fun, casual feeling. Open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Mio serves lunch and dinner to guests seeking a delicious poolside meal.
- La Onda: Coming this fall, set directly on the beach, the new La Onda offers a local and authentic experience with ice cold cervezas and casual beach fare. Signature dishes will include the Baja burger and grilled shrimp pinchos. The beach eatery will open from 10 a.m. until sundown.
The following two venues previously existed and have been recently renovated:
- El Meson: The 188-seat venue overlooking the resort's infinity pool celebrates seasonal ingredients and local farmers, with a farm-to-fork breakfast and sea-to-table dinner menu concept. The detailing and design is contemporary Mexican; wrought iron metals, wood carving and leather stitching details are references to local artists and craftsman heritage. Guests can select their choice of fresh catch along with a customizable cooking style, such as the whole grilled Huachinango (Red Snapper) with chile lime beurre blanc. Open from 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., El Meson serves breakfast and dinner year round and lunch during peak season.
- Madero: Overlooking one of the only swimmer-friendly beaches on the tourist corridor, this American-Mexican fusion, high energy concept offers playful comfort food presented with vibrant style. With seating for 80, guests will continue to enjoy snappy, delicious and fun dishes including short rib burrito, "al pastor" wood fired pizza, char-grilled ribeye tacos and one-of-a-kind margaritas. Open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Madero serves lunch and dinner poolside.
In addition to these outstanding food and beverage venues, Hilton Los Cabos also offer guests premium coffee, fresh pastries, and gelato at Dulce, an easily accessible contemporary convenience store.
For additional information or to book a reservation at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, please visit www.hiltonloscabos.com or call 1-800-HILTONS (445-8667). HHonors members always get Hilton's lowest price with its Best Price Guarantee, along with HHonors Points, free Wi-Fi, digital check-in and no booking fees only when they book directly through Hilton.
About Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Resort
Ideally set along the destination's most tranquil stretch of golden beach, the AAA four-diamond award-winning Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort boasts 375 spacious and elegantly designed ocean‐view guestrooms with private balconies including its new Hotel within a Hotel concept La Vista Club Rooms and Vista Club Lounge. All rooms feature high‐speed wireless Internet access, mini‐bar, in‐room safe and LCD television. Six dining outlets and 24‐hour room service make choice seem limitless. Recreation options include a TechnoGym® and PRECOR® fitness center, movement studio, two lit tennis courts, two pools with swim‐up bars, a Jacuzzi and a pool concierge available to provide iPods, books, games and fun treats. Hilton Los Cabos also features one of the only swimmer-friendly beaches on the tourist corridor, as well as an all-new 7,000-square-foot spa and salon set to open in September 2015. Children ages four to 12 can enjoy the resort's Cabo Kids Camp featuring age‐specific activities, arts and crafts, games and a professional staff. For more information, www.hiltonloscabos.com.
+1 786 866 7240
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
For nearly a century, Hilton Hotels & Resorts has been proudly welcoming the world's travelers. With more than 570 hotels across six continents, Hilton Hotels & Resorts provides the foundation for memorable travel experiences and values every guest who walks through its doors. As the flagship brand of Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts continues to set the standard for hospitality, providing new product innovations and services to meet guests' evolving needs. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is a part of the award-winning Hilton Honors program. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard Wi-Fi and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Begin your journey at www.hilton.com and learn more about the brand by visiting news.hilton.com or following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.