Fact SheetHilton History
Read the news
By Property TypeBy Topic
Get the facts
Hilton HuanyingHilton Blue Papers and Research
- Photos & videos
Let us help you
Media Accommodation Request FormContact Us
Jacqueline ToppingsCONTACTMedia Inquiries ADDRESS7930 Jones Branch Drive
Brand Public Relations,
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
McLean, Virginia 22102
Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa Unveils Island's Largest Resort Rennovation Project
Very First Bungalow Suites; All New Bungalow Interiors And New Garden Bungalow Decks With Plunge Pools
July 07, 2010
PAPETOAI, French Polynesia - Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa, honored as the "Top Hotel for Romance in the World" by TripAdvisor's 2010 Travelers' Choice awards, has upped the "fabulous" quotient on its 106 bungalows with the island's most ambitious resort renovation project ever -- totaling more than $11 million -- and unveiling Moorea's very first suite accommodations, all new interiors in each of the resort's 106 bungalows plus the addition of plunge pools in each of the popular garden bungalows.
Now traveler's can enjoy the first ever Garden Pool Suites in Moorea -- each a full 1,712 square feet; twice as large as regular Garden Bungalows -- featuring a separate living room and bedroom, two bathrooms, a wine cellar, and a private walled-in garden with gazebo and extra large plunge pool.
The resort's $11 million renovation was completed last May with interiors of each of the 106 signature thatched roofed bungalow accommodations - whether overwater or in the garden -- re-imagined in a contemporary island motif. The soothing new color palette uses tropical earth tones that accent a blending of wood, glass, marble, silk and woven materials. The update also includes the addition of high tech entertainment systems.
Garden Bungalow Highlights
Two Garden Pool Suites join the resort's 20 adjoining Garden Pool Bungalows (ideal for families) and 27 Deluxe Garden Pool Bungalows and each of the resort's 47 Garden Bungalows have been enhanced with a new walled deck and the addition of a 64 square-foot plunge pools.
- Garden Bungalows Private Decks - All new, private decks at all Garden Bungalows offer luxurious outdoor living spaces with a mosaic tiled plunge pools, white chaise lounges, coffee tables and dining table & chairs.
The two, new Garden Pool Suites are twice the size of the original Garden Bungalows and include:
- 1 Bedroom Suite with flatscreen, hideaway Pop-Up TV consoles, iPod Station
- Private Deck (861 square feet) with pool (twice the size of Garden Bungalow plunge pools) that features colored LED lighting, outside shower, gazebo, lounge furniture including 4 white chaise loungers, and exotic gardens
- Living Room area with 2 Sofa Beds, Dinner Table, Bar, wine cellar, and espresso machine, IPod dock music system & 42" Flat Screen TV
- 2 Contemporary Italian Style Marble Bathrooms
- Butler Service Upon Request
Resort Renovation Highlights
- Bungalow Interior Updates - Each of the resort's bungalows have received a fresh new interior, reflecting a modern island motif. Bathrooms feature sleek Italian granite countertops; two separate bowl sinks, marble tubs and a rain cascade style shower. All new furnishing enhance the look including 37" flat screen T.V.'s with DVD players and iPod dock music systems and state-of-the art mini bars.
- Landscape Design Enhancements --The owner's goal for the resort is to create the most lush tropical gardens in all of French Polynesia. To that end, fresh, vibrant grasses have been planted along with more exotic tree species. A state-of-the-art drip water irrigation system has been installed and all walkways on the grounds have been rebuilt and enlarged and now feature new LED lighting and signage.
Long a favorite of discerning world travelers, the Hilton Moorea teems with Polynesian "mana," or spirit, and unfolds between a 10-acre aquamarine lagoon and velvet green mountains on the heart-shaped island that is just a 30 minute ferry ride from French Polynesia's capital city of Papeete.
The Hilton flag flies over another award-winning resort in French Polynesia: Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa on the island of Bora Bora, a 40 minute flight from Moorea.
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
For nearly a century, Hilton Hotels & Resorts has been proudly welcoming the world's travelers. With more than 570 hotels across six continents, Hilton Hotels & Resorts provides the foundation for memorable travel experiences and values every guest who walks through its doors. As the flagship brand of Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts continues to set the standard for hospitality, providing new product innovations and services to meet guests' evolving needs. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is a part of the award-winning Hilton Honors program. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard Wi-Fi and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Begin your journey at www.hilton.com and learn more about the brand by visiting news.hilton.com or following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.