Fact SheetHilton History
Read the news
By Property TypeBy Topic
Get the facts
Hilton HuanyingHilton Blue Papers and Research
- Photos & videos
Let us help you
Media Accommodation Request FormContact Us
Jacqueline ToppingsCONTACTMedia Inquiries ADDRESS7930 Jones Branch Drive
Brand Public Relations,
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
McLean, Virginia 22102
Hilton Sydney Announces New Live Music Line-up At Marble Bar
Winter Program with June and July schedule
June 15, 2014
SYDNEY - Marble Bar has turned it on for the winter months with a jam-packed entertainment program which boasts some of Sydney's finest and most sought-after live acts. Gettign back to the soulful roots that Marble Bar is famous for, the Winter Program will see the return of a unique and special live music experience unlike any other.
Marble Bar's live music line-up include:
- Friday 6 and 27 June The Shufflers are four amazing musicians that will bring the best of house, soul and R&B. After one listen, you can't help but think about it too much when your ears capture the first sounds.
- Saturday 7 June King Tide is a seven piece rock steady reggae band that has become a staple among the festival circuit in recent years.
- Friday 13 June and 4 July The Booty Affair are specialists in Lowdown Streetfunk with Disco and Electro Boogie House Grooves.
- Saturday 14 June The Clayton Doley Organ Experience is one of the world's great Hammond Organ players, a legend of the local blues, jazz, soul and funk scenes and now carving out a reputation on the international stage.
- Friday 20 June and 11 July Leisure Bandits is led by a pair of Kiwi twin brothers. Leisure Bandits have a unique flavour, with echoes of their heritage, underpinned with a modern production aesthetic.
- Saturday 21 June Arabesk Sydney is a based quartet that has had a journey of constant discovery that has taken them from the tradition-steeped back streets of Eastern Europe to the bustling bazaars of Turkey.
- Saturday 28 June Ray Beadle's music is from the heart. He has a deep understanding of his instrument and how to make it stir something within the listener.
- Saturday 5 July Chris Gudu is inherently rich with deep and friction-less bass tones; gilded with bright, warm melodic architectures, Gudu forges the influences of jazz and blues with a ifelong Zulu heritage of which he vitalizes the listener and draws them in to a genuine experience of the Township nJive and dance of the Umbaqanga.
- Saturday 12 July Reyes de la Onda plays original blends of Salsa, Samba, and Soul. Reyes have been a well-known force in the Australian music scene for nearly a decade.
- Friday 18 July Doug Williams is a Chicago born R&B soul artist Doug Williams' infectious personality and musical talent are formidable fixtures on the Australian music scene. The 63-year-old's musical journey spans two continents and an impressive roster of collaborations including Stevie Wonder, Tina Turner and James Brown.
- Saturday 19 July The Hi Tops Brass Band is from Sydney, Australia. With their heads in the clouds and their feet buried deep in the roots of New Orleans second line they blend 10 pieces of raw brass with the who's who of Australian hip-hop.
- Friday 25 July Superheavyweights was founded with the intention of creating the fattest of good-time funk & soul. Superheavyweights are a band on a mission with music that is dynamic, uplifting and jam-packed with funk & soul grooves.
- Saturday 26 July Dereb The Ambassador is Australia's own Ethiopian superstar. Dereb the Ambassador and his big band of virtuoso musicians deliver electrifying vintage soul. Dereb Desalegn is a unique vocal talent and well known as one of Ethiopia's most respected singers. Inspired by the funky sounds of the great Ethiopian artists of the 60s and 70s, their energetic rhythms consistently get crowds moving. Their brand of addictive, gritty Ethio-soul has livened up crowds from WOMADelaide to Jeonju Sori World Music Festival Sth Korea to Ethiopia and Japan. Playing original blends of Salsa, Samba, and Soul. Reyes have been a well-known force in the Australian music scene for nearly a decade.
Doors open at 4 p.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Entertainment starts at 8:30 p.m. on Thursdays and at 10 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. It is free entry for guests on all nights, excluding special events (TKTD events).
Marble Bar is unequivocally one of Sydney's most beautiful venues, built in 1893 and featuring original Victorian-style décor, mahogany bars, marble archways and ornate artworks. Equipped with a state-of-the-art NEXO PA and with a comfortable 200 capacity, it is a complete package - both world class venue and must-see heritage space.
Marble Bars booking company, Nathan Farrell Entertainment NFE, will promote its entertainment programs tied to the season kicking off with winter 2014. For all venue artists bookings contact Nathan Farrell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media can access additional information about Hilton Sydney at http://news.hilton.com/Sydney.
About Marble Bar
Tucked underneath the Hilton Sydney like a secret den, the landmark Marble Bar is a musical hub in the heart of the city. It's a stylish setting to enjoy live artists in decadent Victorian surrounds, whilst sampling premium beers, fine wine and classic cocktails. Built in 1893 Marble Bars opulent furnishings have been influenced by 15th Century Italian Renaissance features 35 different varieties of Italian, Belgian and African marble as well as stained glass doors and ceilings, ornate carved bars of mahogany and a gallery of 14 Julian Ashton paintings valued at an estimated $1.6 million AUD. Loved by generations past and present, Marble Bar is a completely unique Sydney spot, as experienced by Liza Minnelli, Wyclef Jean, Eve, Kelly Rowland, Mischa Barton, Ewan McGregor, Adam Lambert and Slash who have all partied amongst its breathtaking and original marble features.
+61 9281 1692
+61 9266 2054
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
For nearly a century, Hilton Hotels & Resorts has been proudly welcoming the world's travelers. With more than 570 hotels across six continents, Hilton Hotels & Resorts provides the foundation for memorable travel experiences and values every guest who walks through its doors. As the flagship brand of Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts continues to set the standard for hospitality, providing new product innovations and services to meet guests' evolving needs. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is a part of the award-winning Hilton Honors program. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard Wi-Fi and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Begin your journey at www.hilton.com and learn more about the brand by visiting news.hilton.com or following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.