Fact SheetHilton History
Read the news
By Property TypeBy Topic
Get the facts
Hilton HuanyingHilton Blue Papers and Research
- Photos & videos
Let us help you
Media Accommodation Request FormContact Us
Jacqueline ToppingsCONTACTMedia Inquiries ADDRESS7930 Jones Branch Drive
Brand Public Relations,
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
McLean, Virginia 22102
Hilton Toronto/Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa Announces $12 Million Renovation
Property Expected to be Completed by Spring 2014
March 13, 2014
TORONTO - Hilton Suites Toronto/Markham Conference Centre & Spa today announces a $12 million renovation that is scheduled to be completed by spring 2014.
"Having already built a reputation as a leading hotel in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area), our property has undergone an extensive transformation from the ground up, including the addition of the first eforea: spa at Hilton in Canada, a fantastic new urban lobby lounge, a dynamic new restaurant, new ensuites and a planned revamp of all our meeting space," said Patrick Regina, Hilton Toronto/Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa. "It is amazing to see the buzz in our lobby as the local community has really embraced the changes.
"We've taken a great hotel and re-energized it as a flagship property for Hilton, making it a true destination within the city of Markham and conference hotel within the GTA."
Designed by UNION 31, Hilton Toronto/Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa will offer guests the perfect mix of style, functionality and a new level of warmth and hospitality.
Renovations started in November 2012, and Phase 1 of the following renovations was completed in March 2013. These include:
- 1. Essence of Unionville restaurant - The restaurant has been transformed into a spacious, functional dining room with modern décor and comfortable seating for up to 180 guests. The structure of the layout creates a warm, inviting entrance from the moment you enter the atrium lobby. Some of the new features include high ceilings, a warm fireplace, private booths, soaring skylight, modern art and a new private dining area that seats up to 26 guests with custom menu options. Guest can now enjoy a culinary experience of a downtown restaurant without the commute.
- Absolute Atrium Lounge - The lounge has been relocated in the main lobby and redesigned as a central hub for gatherings, whether it be a business luncheon meeting, catching up with friends and watching a sports game or a pre-theatre drink at the bar in the comfortable setting of an urban lounge.
- Hilton HHonors/Executive Lounge - This is a new benefit for Hilton HHonors Diamond members and guests staying on the Hilton HHonors floor, in recognition of being Hilton's most loyal guests. Additional perks include complimentary breakfast, WiFi and a private boardroom, which make it an exclusive retreat.
- Refreshed bathrooms - All bathrooms have been refreshed and offer a new contour tub that comfortablyhugs your body or a new spacious walk in shower. New accessible roll in showers are now available.
- Connectivity station - Located in the main lobby, this is a complimentary guest access point for internet access with PC and MAC computers with printing capabilities.
- eforea: spa at Hilton - Hilton's global luxury spa brand enters Canada with its first location at Hilton Toronto/Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa. Guests can experience new spa and salon services and will leave "emerging brighter." There is also a "Man Cave" treatment room equipped with a shower, lounge area and TV for the ultimate escape. Visit the Hilton Global Media Centre http://news.hilton.com/torontomarkham for more details.
Phase 2 continued with renovations on the second floor and lower level meeting space, offering a renovated and modern décor complementary to any event.
Phase 3 is currently underway involving an additional full $3 million renovation to our extended stay building, which will incorporate a gallery kitchen in all 99 suites. These suites will be residential and contemporary in nature while maintaining all the benefits of a full service Four Diamond hotel. Completion is scheduled for spring 2014.
Hilton Toronto/Markham Suites invites guests to rediscover all new dining, guestroom and spa experiences. In 2014, as Hilton Toronto/Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa celebrates its 25th anniversary. The ownership and staff are thankful to residents, guests and businesses who have allowed them to be apart of their milestones and an integral part of the community.
Media can access additional information about Hilton Toronto/Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa at http://news.hilton.com/torontomarkham. Social media users can engage at www.facebook.com/HiltonMarkham and www.twitter.com/HiltonMarkham.
Hilton Toronto/Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa
+1 905 470 8500
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
For nearly a century, Hilton Hotels & Resorts has been proudly welcoming the world's travelers. With more than 575 hotels across six continents, Hilton Hotels & Resorts provides the foundation for memorable travel experiences and values every guest who walks through its doors. As the flagship brand of Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts continues to set the standard for hospitality, providing new product innovations and services to meet guests' evolving needs. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is a part of the award-winning Hilton Honors program. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard Wi-Fi, and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Begin your journey at www.hilton.com and learn more about the brand by visiting news.hilton.com or following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.