Fact SheetHilton History
Read the news
By Property TypeBy Topic
Get the facts
Hilton HuanyingHilton Blue Papers and Research
- Photos & videos
Let us help you
Media Accommodation Request FormContact Us
Jacqueline ToppingsCONTACTMedia Inquiries ADDRESS7930 Jones Branch Drive
Brand Public Relations,
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
McLean, Virginia 22102
Hilton Worldwide Announces “The Great Getaway”
Guests Can Book A Great Escape And Save Up To 30 Percent Off Stays At Hotels In 81 Countries
May 10, 2010
MCLEAN, Va. - Hilton Worldwide today announced the launch of "The Great Getaway," the company's latest global promotion. Guests can get away with up to 30 percent off hotel rooms for stays completed between May 28 and Sept. 6, 2010 by making reservations online at hhonors.com/thegreatgetaway. Discounted rates also include complimentary breakfast daily. Participating Hilton Worldwide brands include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels, Doubletree, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, and Homewood Suites by Hilton.
Travelers looking to book their ultimate retreat can select from more than 2,800 participating hotels worldwide. Reservations must be booked by July 15, 2010, require seven-day advance purchase and full payment at time of booking. Discounts vary by hotel brand.
"The Great Getaway gives our guests what they're looking for - a great deal on travel accommodations," said Jeff Diskin, Senior Vice President, Global Customer Marketing, Hilton Worldwide. "We're encouraging our guests to take this opportunity to explore a new travel destination or visit an old favorite while enjoying world-class hospitality in thousands of our hotels around the world."
A selection of participating hotels and destinations includes:
· Rome Cavalieri - Part of the Waldorf Astoria Collection, this 5-star property is enclosed in fifteen acres of lush Mediterranean parklands overlooking Rome's elegant skyline.
· Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort - This luxurious beachfront property is set along one of Mexico's most tranquil beaches and has received the AAA Four Diamond Award.
· Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, PR - Located in the popular Condado area of Puerto Rico's capital city, this modern full-service hotel offers relaxed comfort and the warm hospitality for which the city is known.
· Hilton Garden Inn Sonoma County - A short drive from many award-winning Northern California wineries including the Kendall-Jackson Wine Center, this property is ideal for the individual business and weekend leisure traveler.
· Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg-Central - Guests step back more than 220 years to the eve of the American Revolution when visiting Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia, but can expect 21st Century conveniences when staying at Hampton.
· Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa - Port Richey - This Florida hotel offers spacious studio, one-and/or two-bedroom hotel suites with a fully-equipped kitchen. This is a pet-friendly property, so guests can bring Fido along on the trip as well.
Guests that are also Hilton HHonors members will earn their standard points and miles for all stays.
For more information on The Great Getaway rate sale and to book and save up to 30 percent off of hotel stays at brands within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio, visit hhonors.com/thegreatgetaway.
Terms and Conditions:
Subject to availability at participating hotels worldwide. Book between May 10, 2010 and July 15, 2010 and stay between May 28, 2010 and September 6, 2010. Full non-refundable payment required at time of booking. Must book at least seven (7) days in advance of arrival. Participating Hilton Grand Vacations hotels require a three (3) night stay and do not include breakfast. Participating Homewood Suites hotels require a three (3) night stay for Tuesday arrivals and a two (2) night stay for Wednesday arrivals. Discounts vary by hotel brand (Unless otherwise stated by hotel, 30% at Doubletree; 25% at Hilton; 20% at Hampton, Homewood Suites, Hilton Grand Vacations, Hilton Garden Inn, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts and Conrad Hotels & Resorts). Discount relates to the Best Available Bed and Breakfast Rate at Doubletree, Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn hotels. Discount relates to the Best Available Rate at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hampton, Homewood Suites and Hilton Grand Vacations hotels. Offer not valid at Embassy Suites hotels, except at a few hotels (20% related to its Best Available Rate). Other restrictions apply. Go to hhonors.com/thegreatgetaway for full details. Offer cannot be combined with other select offers. Hilton HHonorsTM membership, earning of Points & MilesTM, and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.
Scott Carman, Hilton Worldwide
+1 703 883 5803
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,100 properties with nearly 838,000 rooms in 103 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.