Fact SheetHilton History
Read the news
By Property TypeBy Topic
Get the facts
Hilton HuanyingHilton Blue Papers and Research
- Photos & videos
Let us help you
Media Accommodation Request Form
Jacqueline ToppingsCONTACTMedia Inquiries ADDRESS7930 Jones Branch Drive
Brand Public Relations,
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
McLean, Virginia 22102
Hotel Albany Showcases First In Series Of Upgrades And Improvements As It Continues Transition Towards Hilton Brand
Hotel To Invest $14 Million Into Downtown Albany Through Renovations
August 14, 2012
ALBANY, N.Y. - Hotel Albany, an affiliate of Hilton Hotel & Resorts, today unveiled the property's first completed renovations during an Open House to showcase new guest accommodations. The $14 million renovations, which began in June, are part of the downtown hotel's transition to the Hilton Hotel & Resorts brand.
The 386-room hotel on State Street is the area's largest hotel and has long been an anchor in downtown Albany. The multi-million dollar renovations will reposition the property and affirm the hotel's status as a key component in the effort to increase downtown Albany's draw among large groups, business travelers, and tourists.
The renovation's first phase is focusing on its guest rooms, which are regularly becoming available for guests. The upgrades include new furniture, fixtures, bathrooms and amenities in line with the full-service Hilton Hotel & Resorts brand. The hotel will remain fully operational throughout the renovation process, which is anticipated to be finished by the end of 2012, when the hotel will complete its transition to the Hilton franchise.
Since beginning the renovations, Hotel Albany has experienced over a 200 percent increase in revenue booking pace as compared to the same time last year for future bookings.
"It is clear that the increase in bookings is attributable to the improved standards now in place at the hotel as we continue to bring this prominent downtown property in line with the outstanding quality of the Hilton brand," said Art Thompson, general manager, Hotel Albany. "We are seeing an increase in corporate, association and other groups that are now considering hotels in downtown Albany. The timing for these renovations could not be better with all the improvements made to the entire downtown area."
Following renovation of guest rooms and upon receipt of final approval of redesign plans from Hilton, extensive work will begin on the hotel's public areas, including the lobby, restaurants, pool and other common areas. Once complete, the hotel's event and function space will have increased to 34,000 square feet with 16 function rooms and 18 suites. The renovations, which are being modeled after the much-acclaimed Hilton McLean Tysons Corner in McLean, VA, are being done by Turner Construction.
"The $14 million renovation reenergizes our ability to attract new convention business to downtown Albany," said Albany County Convention & Visitors Bureau President/CEO Michelle Vennard. "The ability to host large groups in a state-of-the-art space is important to meeting planners who want to remain downtown."
The average room rate for the new guest rooms ranges from $159 to $219 per night. New rooms will feature tastefully-appointed contemporary décor, furniture, and amenities found only at the newest full service Hilton hotels, including:
- The Hilton Serenity BedTM featuring luxurious white linens for a clean and spacious appeal;
- individual thermostat controls;
- refrigerator and coffee maker;
- spacious work desk with ergonomic chair;
- two telephones, enhanced lighting, and generous electrical outlet access meeting today's traveler's electronic needs;
- complimentary printing services with the 24-hour Hilton Connectivity Station;
- high-speed wireless internet, with wired access upon request;
- remote LCD televisions with HD signal, offering extensive sporting and multiple HBO channels;
- AM/FM Clock and CD player with personal listening device capabilities;
- backlight mirror bath area, bathroom drawers, spacious bathroom counter, curved shower rails, newly tiled floor and shower areas, with full length dressing mirror;
- a personal safe to accommodate laptop computers and more, key card locks, fire detection and warning systems, safety locks, deadbolt lock, and door viewer;
- ADA-accessible rooms upon request, with roll-in showers and other features for safety and comfort; and
- panoramic views of the Hudson River and historic Capital Building, Appellate Court and Empire State Plaza; with a short walk to museums, nightlife, sports and theater.
Media can access additional information about Hotel Albany at http://news.hilton.com/albany.
About Hotel Albany
The Hotel Albany, a Hilton affiliate, features 386 guest rooms, including suites with a separate living room area and executive rooms outfitted with a spacious and well-lit work space. Guests can enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi access, and indoor pool and two dining outlets, Webster's Corner and Kelsey's Restaurant. The hotel is one of the only few that offers regular complimentary shuttle service to-and-from both the Albany Airport and Rensselaer Amtrak Station that provide direct access to Manhattan.
Business travelers will find 34,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, including the largest ballroom in the Capital District; 15 meeting rooms; and a modern business center. Two executive floors feature private access and a club lounge that service breakfast, afternoon hors d'oeuvres and cocktails.
Hotel Albany offers a prime location within walking distance of the Capitol Building, Empire State Plaza and Times Union Center. Guests can enjoy the convenience of being located at the center of the downtown entertainment and dining district, blocks away from the Capital Repertory Theater, Palace Theater, New York State Museum and the Albany Institute of History and Art. Guests at Hotel Albany are eligible to earn Hilton HHonors points and miles. Reservations can be made through Hilton Reservations Worldwide at 1-800-HILTONS or by visiting www.thehotelalbany.com.
+518 383 6183
+518 383 6183