Fact SheetHilton History
Read the news
By Property TypeBy Topic
Get the facts
Hilton HuanyingHilton Blue Papers and Research
- Photos & videos
Let us help you
Media Accommodation Request Form
Jacqueline ToppingsCONTACTMedia Inquiries ADDRESS7930 Jones Branch Drive
Brand Public Relations,
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
McLean, Virginia 22102
Zoe Keramea: Art exhibition at Hilton Athens
March 14, 2012
ATHENS, Greece - Hilton Athens is proud to host an exciting exhibition of impressive artworks by Zoe Keramea, the renowned artist, inviting guests into Keramea's creative world of sculpture, printmaking, drawing and ceramic art.
The exhibition, running in the lobby and Aethrion Lounge at Hilton Athens until 25th March, will include artworks and structures made of paper adapted to the space of the hotel, as well as nine intricate patterns on the walls that the artist used in Mandala Memory HD, a digital game created for iPad.
Zoe Keramea was born in Athens, Greece in 1955 and graduated from the Universität der Künste in Berlin with a Meisterschülerin Degree. In 1989 she was awarded a Fulbright Grant for independent research in printmaking to work on her new intaglio printing technique, "zoetype", in New York. She has exhibited her work in numerous galleries and museums around the world, taught various workshops in universities and museums and published a number of artists' books. Her Mandala Memory game, including 54 paper cut-out images, presented by The Dukode Studio NY, is available as an App from iTunes. It was awarded 3rd place in the Best App Ever Awards 2010. She lives and works in Athens and New York.
This solo presentation by Zoe Keramea is the fifth show curated by Els Hanappe and Lazarus N. Siakos in a series of art exhibitions especially conceived for Hilton Athens.
For further information regarding Zoe Keramea, please visit www.zoekeramea.com Her most recent individual exhibitions include:
- Zoe Keramea - Geometry of Paradox, The Drawing Center, New York, NY, 2005
- Ringknot - A Woven Line, South Street Seaport, New York, 2006 (part of The Big Draw New York presented by The Drawing Center and River to River Festival, New York)
- Entanglements, Dietzspace, New York, NY, 2008
- Zoe Keramea: Spiky - Drawings and Modular Sculptures, Kouros Gallery,New York, NY, 2011
Some recent participations in exhibitions include:
- XRAAATS! Paper Fashion, Benaki Museum, Athens 2007
- RRRIPP!! Paper Fashion, MUDAM - Musee d'Art Moderne, Luxembourg 2008-09 and Benaki Museum, Athens 2007
- Contemporary Drawings, The Victoria and Albert Museum, London 2009
- ReMap 2 , Athens 2009
- FAX, Traveling exhibition organized by The Drawing Center and iCI - Independent Curators International, New York, NY 2009 -2012
- Celebration, Museum Alex Mylona, Athens 2010
- Greek Artist's books, Art Athina 2010, Athens
- Polyglossia, Onassis Cultural Center, Athens 2011
+30 210 7281 230
+30 210 7281 205
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,200 properties with more than 856,000 rooms, in 105 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.